Monday, April 5, 2010

Today Ruby got her 15 Month shots:(
Sauvie island farms reopened for the year this last weekend and i am planning out my canning for the summer. I would love to pickle as much as possible this year . I am looking for unique jams and lots of pickled things!!!! Any pickled things (we have 4 month old lemons in the fridge that have been soaking in salt) now i need a recipe to add back a mellow flavor. we got a few yards of fresh dirt (compost) a few weeks ago and ruby wanted to be in every wheelbarrow full of dirt. I am excited this year for the garden i know what will work out in places that last year did not ......except our new garage (that is the same size as our house ) is going to take away tons of my sun during the day ....but the chickens will love the shade (if i don't kill them first for eating my plants) I just boiled beets tonight for my first pickling of the year .

No comments: